Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Al Toll Masters Race recap.

Well a lot has been going on since my last post, not a lot as far as running but some.

I did get to run the track workout after my last post, Me and Tim ran at the track. I did five miles and most of it was at a 1-1 ratio. I kinda liked those numbers, as I was able to post some pretty good times on the running part of the ratio. After I got warmed up I was hitting the 8:15 to 8:45 min mile pace, which was freaking awesome for me. For just a few of those intervals I was able to dip down into the 7:20 range.....WOW !!! Well I finished off the five miles feeling good about the workout.

That's where the running stopped for a few days since I was busy with work and trying to move into my new apartment. Sometimes I don't think there are enough hours in the day.

Well 11 days after the above track workout came my next chance to run, and this time it was the Al Toll Masters Race. There is the 5k for the younger generation and then for us 40 and over crowd it was the 15k.....woo hoo 9.3 miles of pure pleasure ( can anyone hear the sarcasm in my typing ) I had seen Kerry mention all the hills in some of her posts on the Macon Tracks forum and has hoping she was kidding about the hills. Well let me tell you now from first hand experience. Kerry does not kid when it comes to hills. You know the saying, "what dosen't kill you will only make you stronger", well I guess after running the Al Toll Masters Race, I should be a lot stronger....LOL
But seriously those hills made for an awesome workout !!! It was a great day for running. The weather warmed up from a 26 degree nightmare to a not so bad 40 degrees by race start. The weather was perfect and the sun was shining.

I didn't have that great of a race time but it wasn't too bad since my runnnig hasn't been up to what I had hoped in the previous month. I started the race saying my goal was to finish it in under two hours and I made it with 4 minutes to spare.....LOL

I'm on call all this week with the crime lab and if last nights 4 callouts are indicitave of what my week is going to look like I might not get much running done this week either. But I'm hoping to get some done no matter.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Steve... Keep up the running! With moving and work and all, it's the best stress reliever! Congrats on completing the 9.3. Just make running plans / goals and stick to them. Good Luck : )

    ReplyDelete