Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I'm Back !!!!


Well I have actually been working out and not blogging about it except on face book....Imagine that !!!

I really have been concentrating on getting ready to do some Triathlons this year, my goal race is the Augusta Half Ironman, in September. I have been doing a lot of swimming in preparation (and I mean a lot, well for me anyway)

But I also went back to running on a regular basis, with the help of Tim Cook, my running coach and running partner. He has tutored me in the Galloway method, which uses run-walk intervals. The concept is fairly simple. Run then walk. It gives your body a chance to recover while still moving forward. Tim has run faster Marathons using this method, than just straight out "run the whole distance".

This past weekend proved that the Galloway method works for me as well. I did the Albany, Snickers Half Marathon, and PR'D my 13.1 distance by 13 minutes. I actually PR'D all my splits.....my 5 mile, 10k, 10 mile and the 13.1 I was using run-walk intervals of 1:00 & :45. Meaning I ran for one minute and walked for 45 seconds. This method rocked, and results don't lie !!!

My next blog will talk about the weight I have lost by my new eating habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment