Friday, December 26, 2008

SWAT Course Run

Well I haven't had a chance to run all week, using the excuse "I'm on call for the Crime Lab".

Well I figured I had no miles to show for this week and making running an unbreakable habit wasn't going well without the miles.

So I put a shout out to Tim and Amy. Well Amy was busy tonight and Tim will never turn down the chance to run.

So I met Tim down at the Police Academy and we headed out (with my on-call phone in hand). The plan was to do the old SWAT qualification course, which winds it's way through Mercer Campus, being a 5 mile run.

Well since my blog is so aptly named, I won't bore you with the time tonight's run was, I was just glad to be out there doing the miles. Especially as crappy as I felt tonight. Low on energy and long on cramping lower legs.

Well the plan was for 5 miles, but what goes around comes around. Last week when me, Tim and Amy had finished our little run downtown it was me who wanted to do an extra mile so I could call it an even 5 miles. Well tonight Tim got me back, cause after about 3 1/2 miles he said, "hey let's do 6.2 so we can count a 10k"......Paybacks huh ?....or in Tim's words...."fighting fire with fire".......well that didn't work cause I had us do a little more so it was an even 6.5 miles......LOL

Ah the joys of running camaraderie !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment