Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Tuesday Night Run / Track Workout

Well I met Amy and Tim down at the Central City Park Running Track.
First I showed them the new shoe tying technique I learned from the video Neel posted on the Tracks Forum. I actually learned how to tie my shoes properly....Woo Hoo !!!

Then it was off to a 3 mile leisurely run around the track, well it it was leisurely for Amy and Tim, cause we were still running faster than my normal pace, well after a couple miles I let them head on out front. My intentions was to save some for the track workout later that evening....so much for my intentions....LOL

After we finished at the park, Amy went to fit camp and me and Tim headed to the Stratford Track for the usual Tuesday night track workout.

Most of the regulars were there, and even some new folks showed up. Michelle Archer showed up with her husband and two of their three kids, for their first track workout. It was awesome seeing someone bring almost their entire family for a night of family training. I guess Michelle is trying to better her previous time at the Boston Marathon. You go Michelle !!!

Well tonight's workout consisted of intervals of short-fast paced sprints. 100 yds....recovery....200 yds....recovery....300 yds....recovery.....400 yds.....recovery and then repeat this sequence two more times.

Well as they say the road to Hell is paved with good intentions. I intended to do the whole workout, but because of me going too long and too fast at Central City Park, I was pretty much done half way through the second repeat. But I did have some good times on the shorter sprints. I was able to manage a :14 second 100 yds on the second go around.
But I figure I'm still new at these track workouts, and at least I was there trying. But it did teach me one thing.........if it's a track workout night and thats the main focus for the night....STICK WITH THE PLAN......LOL

More to come as the saga unfolds !!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about all that! If it helps to know, I'll be foregoing my FitCamp Tuesday workout to start going to speedwork...as soon as my orthotics come in.

    You did a great job last night though!!

    ReplyDelete